Through EducatorsAbroad Ltd. Educators Visiting Educators (EAEVE) colleagues
from different educational settings work together, as equal partners, sharing ideas
and learning from and with each other.
EAEVE is based on the premises that:
- We gain valuable insights into our profession by visiting and collaborating with a colleague who is working in a setting different from our own.
- A visit to a colleague, for whatever period of time, and a continuing relationship with them can extend and develop our work with the people who matter the most – our students.
EducatorsAbroad (EA) is a worldwide network of educators through which we can offer educators from almost anywhere in the world the opportunity to visit and partner with a colleague working in another geographic, social, cultural, economic, and or political environment.
You can benefit from this program if you are:
- planning a holiday to another country and would welcome the opportunity of dropping in on a local school for a day or two while you are there;
- looking to extend your experience, and boosting your CV, in preparation for a career move;
- working on a project in your school and would welcome the opportunity of seeing
how another school would develop such a project in another context;
- on a higher degree course and looking for opportunities for research into international education;
- looking for a continuing professional development (CPD) opportunity – and visit
to see a colleague in another educational setting would meet your development needs;
- looking to create an extended working sabbatical or job exchange in the future.
The above are just a few ideas among a myriad of possibilities. Our goal is to arrange
a visit that fulfills your CPD goal(s), interest in visiting a certain country,
and within the time you have available.
Where can I go?
We encourage applicants to consider visiting countries/educational settings that appear to be truly different from their own. Educators who seek opportunities 'outside their comfort zone'; integrate themselves into the host community; and employ patient, considerate, and thoughtful use of effective listening and speaking skills truly open themselves to an unmatched level of learning about life in our global community.
Colleagues in Australia, Cameroon, Chile, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Egypt, England, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Ireland, New Zealand, People's Republic of China, Peru, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, USA have expressed interest in arranging visits to schools in their countries. Visits to other countries are possible.
Visits can be arranged at any time of the year consistent with host and visitor schedules. Schools are generally open September to June/July in the Northern hemisphere and February or March to December in the Southern hemisphere.
What does EA provide?
On receipt of the program fee we undertake to find you a partner educator/school/institution that matches your requirements within the time frame that you request. We will put you in contact with the named person and you will then make all arrangements for your visit.
Insurance cover for international liability, emergency evacuation, and health (medical
expense, emergency family reunion, accidental death and dismemberment and emergency
medical transportation) provided by Cultural Insurance Services International (CISI).
Click here for details.
Information participants need to have a successful learning and living experience during their visit including expectations, the host country, and suggestions concerning arrangements for travel and accommodation as presented on this website and through communication with the host and EA faculty.
Proactive measures to avoid problems arising and ability to respond when concerns
do arise based on our 25 years of experience managing international placements and
consistent with our effective emergency procedures.
A university graduate level three semester credit hour course is available through arrangements with Learner's Edge.
Course requirements are designed to increase the value of an EVE visit
by stimulating reflection on the visit and implementation of new
approaches in the workplace. The cost for this course is £250.00 or $385.00 in addition to the EVE program fee.
Click here for details concerning course procedures and expectations.
Participants indicate their intent to register for and complete this course by selecting 'yes' in response to the 'I will register for graduate credit through EA partner' statement on the application form and following directions presented in the course Directions and Syllabus documents.
What is the cost?
The cost for initiating an EVE visit, including finding a peer educator in the host country and CISI insurance, is £300.00 or $500.00. Participants seeking to earn three semester hours of graduate credit pay an additional course registration fee of £250.00 or $385.00.
Participants are responsible for arranging the visit and carrying it through including all other expenses associated with:
- Providing a clear criminal record report, and if requested, proof of qualifications.
- Travel to the host site - including passport and, if necessary, a visa.
- Accommodation and meals.
- Providing the host colleague and/or institution and host family appropriate tokens of appreciation for being welcomed as a guest.
If EA is unable to arrange a suitable visit, the program fee minus
administrative costs, is returned to the applicant. There is no refund once a participant
is notified of their contact in the host country. Refunds of the graduate course fee are subject to policies of Learner's Edge
EA does not have access to funds to underwrite the cost of participation in this program.
In that this is a program tailored to the interest of each individual participant
we suggest that you review information provided on other EAEVE www pages
using the menu at left and then send us a short email in which you:
- Present questions you may have.
- Describe your interest in participating in an EVE visit and how it fits within the nature of your current position (type of school/institution and role).
- Outline the nature of the placement you envision (location, type of school/institution, my visit, nature of colleague or observation sought).
We will reply with initial thoughts concerning possibilities and encourage you to complete and submit an application when you are ready to proceed. Visits are not arranged until the application is complete, accepted, and the program fee is paid.
You can write to us at: Contact Us.